Board of Governors Innovation Center

Even though humans share 99.9% of their genetic material, the remaining 0.1% makes each person unique—and provides the target for discovery of novel treatments for you or a loved one when facing a devastating illness such as cancer, heart disease or a neurodegenerative disease.

Building on the successes of the Board of Governors Regenerative Medicine Institute—which pioneered techniques to use a person's own stem cells to replace damaged, aged or diseased tissue—we're studying that 0.1% to advance better, safer and uniquely individualized healthcare by establishing the Cedars-Sinai Board of Governors Innovation Center (BOGIC).

Only one of a few centers of its kind in the country, the BOGIC brings together researchers and clinicians from across Cedars-Sinai. Together, they focus on the biology of diseases at their most elemental level, to develop precise early-detection protocols and therapies that will vastly improve a patient's health outcome.

Take a deeper look into the Board of Governors Innovation Center

Customized therapies will aim to treat a variety of illnesses, including:

  • Cancer
  • Brain diseases
  • Heart disease
  • Gastrointestinal and liver diseases
  • Diabetes and obesity
  • High-risk pregnancy
  • Bone and joint repair
  • Lung diseases
  • Autoimmune diseases
  • Transplantation

An Institutional Endeavor

The Board of Governors' commitment to raise $50 million to establish the Board of Governors Innovation Center makes this goal possible. Currently under construction with an expected occupancy in Fall 2022, the 30,000-square-foot Board of Governors Innovation Center will consist of state-of-the-art laboratories, data centers and collaboration spaces.

Friends like you make progress possible—and we are excited at the prospect of your support to fully realize the Board of Governors Innovation Center. We welcome gifts at all levels. Capital naming opportunities are available, and we will work closely with you to identify recognition that is most meaningful to you.
To learn how you can support the Board of Governors Innovation Center, contact the Board of Governors office at 310-423-7471 or

Explore the many ways you can support Cedars-Sinai to show your appreciation.

Share your story of gratitude for Cedars-Sinai to inspire others who may be facing a similar challenge.

Make a gift in the name of a doctor, nurse or caregiver who made a special difference to you.