PSTP applicants must have received, or be candidates for:
- A combined MD/PhD degree, or
- An MD degree and have a strong record of significant research experience
Additionally, if not explicitly stated in your personal statement, candidates must submit a supplemental letter detailing:
- Prior research experience
- Career goals, including areas of research interest
- General internal medicine or subspecialty area of interest, if any
- Individual Cedars-Sinai investigators you would like to meet on your interview day, if any
Subspecialty fellowship programs will offer acceptance of PSTP trainees to their programs at the time of the residency match.
Frequently Asked Questions
Although a PhD is not necessary to apply, this program is geared toward trainees who have already undergone a substantial amount of research training. Those seeking careers as academic internists doing clinical research may not necessarily have a PhD—but they must demonstrate a substantial research track record to support their application.
Yes. International medical graduates who meet the requirements for the program are invited to apply.
December 15, 2018
Yes. A $15,000 stipend is provided during the research years in addition to each resident's respective PGY scale.
Have Questions or Need Help?
If you have questions or would like to learn more about the Internal Medicine Residency Program at Cedars-Sinai, please call or send us a message.
8700 Beverly Blvd.
Becker Building, Room B105-A
Los Angeles, CA 90048