The Facts About Cedars-Sinai Medical Center
Quality Measures, Independent Rankings Reveal the Complete Picture of the Academic Medical Center
Cedars-Sinai Medical Center is focused on providing the highest quality healthcare to patients in our community and around the world, resulting in honors and recognition from every corner of healthcare.
“Behind every Cedars-Sinai honor is a dedicated team of healthcare professionals who give it their all every day,” said Andrew Ortiz, Senior Vice President, Chief Human Resources Officer of Cedars-Sinai Medical Center. “Their efforts help our patients and also improve our community. The honors tell the Cedars-Sinai story.”
Here are a few key quality measures and facts about the excellent care provided by medical center employees:
- Cedars-Sinai Medical Center is Cedars-Sinai was named to the US News and World Report Honor Roll for being amongst the Top 10 hospitals in the Nation and is ranked nationally in 11 different adult specialties.
- Cedars-Sinai Medical Center has consistently earned five stars from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services – the highest rating from the federal government and an honor earned by just 14 percent of 3,355 U.S. hospitals surveyed.
- Since the U.S. Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services began tracking 30-day mortality rates for three common conditions (heart attack, heart failure and pneumonia), Cedars-Sinai’s mortality rates have remained among the lowest in the nation. In fact, Cedars-Sinai is one of only two hospitals in the country with this level of performance.
- Every year since 2019, Healthgrades has recognized Cedars-Sinai Medical Center as one of the nation’s 50 Best Hospitals.
- The medical center is one of only two in the western U.S. to receive the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Magnet designation five consecutive times. The Magnet designation recognizes hospitals that offer excellent nursing care.