- Physician Scientist Training Program (Advanced)
- NRMP Program Code: 1030180A1
- Neurology (Advanced)
- NRMP Program Code: 1030180A0
- ACGME Program Code: 1800521165
- Med-Prelim/Neurology (Preliminary)
- NRMP Program Code: 1030140P1
- ACGME Program Code: 1400511040
- A combined MD/PhD degree, or
- An MD degree with a strong record of significant research experience
- Curriculum vitae (CV)
- Transcript of medical school records
- Personal statement
- Medical student performance evaluation from dean
- Three letters of recommendation
- USMLE Step 1 results
- USMLE Step 2 results, if available
- Postgraduate training authorization letter for international medical graduates
Candidates must also meet the general application requirements for our Neurology Residency Program. At least 1 and preferably 3 letters of recommendation should be submitted from research mentors.
Additionally, if not explicitly stated in the applicant's personal statement, candidates must submit a supplemental letter detailing:
- Prior research experience
- Career goals, including areas of research interest
- Subspecialty area of interest, if any
- Individual Cedars-Sinai investigators the candidate desires to meet on interview day, if any
Subspecialty fellowship programs will offer acceptance of PSTP trainees to their programs at the time of the residency match.
Neurology Physician-Scientist Training Program participants receive a supplement during their residency years to present their research at a national or international meeting, and a $15,000 stipend is provided during the research years above the respective PGY scale.
If you have questions or would like to learn more about the Cedars-Sinai Neurology Residency program, please contact the Program Coordinator, Diana Merritt.
Cedars-Sinai Department of Neurology
127 S. San Vicente Blvd.
Advanced Health Sciences Pavilion, Suite A6600
Los Angeles, CA 90048