The Cedars-Sinai Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences PhD Program values a diverse student population. The program encourages students from all ethnic backgrounds to apply. Our current ethnicity statistics for all applicants are shown below:
For the 2018 academic year, the PhD program received 74 applications and interviewed 24 applicants. Nine students were admitted for the 2018 academic year.
The average GRE scores for the students who were accepted to the program: verbal 53, quantitative 63, analytical 69.
The average time to degree is 4.9 years, and the current retention rate is 89%. Students are closely mentored to ensure individual attention in the classroom as well as in each student's individual research laboratory.
The PhD Program in Biomedical and Translational Sciences started its first class in the fall of 2008 and has produced 40 graduates as of June 2018.
Our PhD graduates have gone on to work as postdoctoral researchers and research associates, and some have successfully entered medical school.
- Capricor Therapeutics, Los Angeles
- Harvard University Pathway Genomics, San Diego
- Pathway Genomics, San Diego
- Peter MacCallum Cancer Center, East Melbourne, Australia
- Shiley Eye Center of University of California, San Diego
- University of California, Los Angeles
- University of California, San Francisco
- University of Puerto Rico
- Weizman Institute, Rehovot, Israel
64% receive postdoctoral fellowships, and the current placement rate is 97%.
If you have questions or wish to learn more about the PhD program, call us or send a message.
Graduate Program Office
Atrium Building, Second Floor
8700 Beverly Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90048