Condition: Lung nodules
Key Inclusion Criteria:
- At least 18 years old
- No prior history of any cancer
- Willing and able to donate up to 50 mL of blood via venipuncture
- One or more pulmonary nodules 6-30 mm in largest diameter
Key Exclusion Criteria:
- Prior history of any cancer
- Not planned for surgery or biopsy to confirm pathologic diagnosis
- Currently receiving biologic therapies for any disease
Full Study Name
SEER-Lung: A Prospective Blood Sample Collection Study to Develop and Validate a Panel of Protein-based Biomarkers in Patients With Pulmonary Nodules (IRB no. STUDY00000360)
The purpose of this study is to develop blood tests that will provide information for individuals who have nodules (growths) in their lungs. The study will collect blood samples from people with lung nodules in order to develop the blood tests. Participants will have up to 50 mL (about 3½ tablespoons) of blood taken from a vein in their arm (venipuncture).
Researchers will also collect information about participants’ age, gender, and race/ethnicity, as well as health information (health conditions, biopsies, medications, scans, or other tests) to evaluate the lung nodules. The blood tests may help researchers learn more about the causes, risks, treatments, or ways of preventing nodules and other health problems.