Volunteer opportunities at Cedars-Sinai provide direct contact with patients and families—or roles behind the scenes on the administrative side. Whichever you choose, you'll become an ambassador of empathy and compassion while making vital contributions to the wellbeing of patients, visitors and staff.
Adult volunteers must be at least 18 years old, and you will need to do the following:
- Submit application
- Must have a valid Social Security number (SSN) or F1 visa type
- Be available for a virtual interview
- Attend general volunteer orientation
- Complete initial background check
- Receive initial and annual health evaluations
- Get annual flu vaccine
- Purchase the volunteer jacket ($30) and wear the volunteer uniform
Through 9/30/21, we are accepting volunteer applications from adults between the ages of 18 to 59, as we re-onboard our many volunteers who were on a leave of absence during the pandemic. After 10/1/21, we will begin to accept volunteer applications from adults of all ages.