Volunteer opportunities at Cedars-Sinai provide direct contact with patients and families—or roles behind the scenes on the administrative side. Whichever you choose, you'll become an ambassador of empathy and compassion while making vital contributions to the wellbeing of patients, visitors and staff.
Adult volunteers must be 18 to 59 years old and fully vaccinated against COVID-19. You will need to do the following:
- Submit application
- Upload proof of COVID-19 vaccine
- Must have a valid Social Security number (SSN) or F1 visa type
- Be available for a virtual interview
- Attend general volunteer orientation
- Complete initial background check
- Receive initial and annual health evaluations
- Get annual flu vaccine
- Purchase the volunteer jacket ($30) and wear the volunteer uniform
Successful applicants must complete online orientation, background check, health evaluation and have flu and COVID-19 inoculations. Religious and medical vaccine exemptions may be considered. Volunteer Services programs are subject to change based on the status of the current COVID-19 pandemic, to protect the health and safety of our volunteers, patients and staff.
Through 9/30/21, we are accepting volunteer applications from adults between the ages of 18 to 59, as we re-onboard our many volunteers who were on a leave of absence during the pandemic. After 10/1/21, we will begin to accept volunteer applications from adults of all ages.