The Gazit Lab has a unique structure of partnership in research running together for almost 20 years. The team of Dan Gazit, DMD, PhD, Zulma Gazit, PhD, and Gadi Pelled, PhD, began at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Israel, and moved to Cedars-Sinai to initiate the Skeletal Program in the Regenerative Medicine Institute. The synergistic activity of the scientists in the Gazit Lab makes possible to advance a diversity of projects including stem cell and gene therapies as well as imaging modalities.
- Targeting of Endogenous Stem Cells for Segmental Bone Fracture Repair
- Noninvasive Method for Diagnosing Low Back Pain
- Knee Cartilage Resurfacing Utilizing Bio-Scaffolds
- Reconstruction of Massive Bone Loss in the Jaws Utilizing Bone Allografts and a Recombinant Hormone
- Human Induced Pluripotent Stem Cells (iPSC) Can Be Differentiated into Notochordal Cells that Reduce Intervertebral Disc Degeneration in a Porcine Model
Meet Our Team
Learn more about the scientists, faculty members, investigators and other healthcare professionals of the Gazit Laboratory, whose dedicated efforts lead to groundbreaking discoveries.
Sheyn D, Ben-David S, Tawackoli W, Zhou Z, Salehi K, Bez M, De Mel S, Chan V, Roth J, Avalos P, Giaconi JC, Yameen H, Hazanov L, Seliktar D, Li D, Gazit D, Gazit Z.
Theranostics. 2019 Oct 12;9(25):7506-7524.
Bez M, Zhou Z, Sheyn D, Tawackoli W, Giaconi JC, Shapiro G, Ben David S, Gazit Z, Pelled G, Li D, Gazit D.
Sci Rep. 2018 Nov;8(1):17363.
Séguin CA, Chan D, Dahia CL, Gazit Z.
JOR Spine. 2018 Sep;1(3):e1030.
Bez M, Kremen TJ, Tawackoli W, Avalos P, Sheyn D, Shapiro G, Giaconi JC, Ben David S, Snedecker JG, Gazit Z, Ferrara KW, Gazit D, Pelled G.
Mol Ther. 2018 Jul 5;26(7):1746–1755.