Di Vizio Lab
I am a pathologist and a molecular and cell biologist trained at the Albert Einstein College of Medicine and Harvard Medical School. Since 2007, I have been on the faculty at Harvard University and currently hold an academic appointment as associate professor at Cedars-Sinai. My Di Vizio Laboratory studies the molecular mechanisms of progression to advanced disease in human tumors with a particular emphasis on large oncosomes. We are also focused on extracellular vesicles (EVs) shed into the extracellular space from fast migrating and metastatic amoeboid cancer cells. My team is currently profiling the large oncosomes and other EV populations by next generation sequencing and mass spectrometry. The National Cancer Institute, the Department of Defense and Avon Foundation all provide financial support for work in the Di Vizio Lab.
- The role of large oncosomes in intercellular communication and in tumor growth and metastasis in prostate and breast cancers
- Molecular mechanisms regulating the function of specific miRNA cargo of large oncosomes in breast and lung cancer progression
- Molecular profiling of large oncosomes and other cancer-derived EVs by next generation sequencing and proteomics in prostate and breast cancer and in glioblastoma
- Molecular mechanisms and functional consequences of the internalization of large oncosomes in recipient cells
- The Breakefield Lab, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School
- The Demichelis Lab, University of Trento, Italy
- The D'Souza-Schorey Lab, University of Notre Dame
- The Fabbri Lab, Children's Hospital Los Angeles
- Jeffrey Karp, PhD, The Harvard Stem Cell Institute, Harvard Medical School
- The Rubin Lab, New York-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center
- Gary Schroth, PhD, Illumina
Vagner T, Spinelli C, Minciacchi VR, Balaj L, Zandian M, Conley A, Zijlstra A, Freeman MR, Demichelis F, De S, Posadas EM, Tanaka H, Di Vizio D.
J Extracell Vesicles. 2018 Aug 7;7(1):1505403.
Zijlstra A, Di Vizio D.
Nat Cell Biol. 2018 Mar;20(3):228–230.
Soekmadji C, Hill AF, Wauben MH, Buzás EI, Di Vizio D, Gardiner C, Lötvall J, Sahoo S, Witwer KW.
J Extracell Vesicles. 2018 Oct 24;7(1):1535745.