COVID-19: Cedars-Sinai Marina del Rey Hospital
At Cedars-Sinai Marina del Rey Hospital, our top priority is protecting the health and safety of our patients, visitors and staff. We continue to evaluate our visitor policy to ensure everyone’s safety.
All visitors must pass a health screening upon arrival. Per CDC guidance, visitors to healthcare facilities, including all Cedars-Sinai facilities, are still required to wear masks at all times, avoid crowding, practice hand hygiene and stay in the patient’s room while visiting.
Our current visitation policy is:
- One visitor at a time in the Emergency Department unless:
- Patient is under 18, in which case one pair of parents/guardians allowed
- In all other areas, two visitors for all patients who do not have COVID-19
- No visitors for patients positive or suspected of having COVID-19
- End-of-Life Patients:
- COVID-19 positive or suspected: One visitor at a time, up to 2 hours
- All others: Up to two visitors at a time, 24 hours/day
Visitation hours are from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Overnight visitation and all other visitation requests must be approved by hospital administration.
Additional guidelines to note:
- Anyone visiting the hospital must pass a health screening.
- Do not visit a patient if you have:
- Fever, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, runny nose or sneezing, chills, muscle pain, nausea, vomiting, fatigue, body aches, sore throat, diarrhea or new loss of taste or smell
- Been exposed to COVID-19
- Per CDC guidance, all visitors are required to remain masked at all times in healthcare settings, including when on Cedars-Sinai Marina del Rey Hospital property, even when in a patient's room. Visitors must properly wear a hospital-issued surgical mask, or their own provided it is well-fitted, not cloth, does not have external vents, and is not damaged or visibly soiled.
- Visitors are asked to stay in patient rooms when visiting.
- Visitors are not allowed to eat or drink indoors, including in lobbies or patient rooms.