Preparing for Your Surgery
For scheduled procedures, Cedars-Sinai has adopted rigorous safety protocols to keep our patients and employees safe. When you visit Cedars-Sinai for your surgery, please remember the following:
Patients must be tested for COVID-19 within 72 hours prior to surgery.
- You will provide a preferred date and time for testing when you schedule your surgery appointment. When confirmed, you will receive a text message with testing instructions and directions.
- Tests outside of Cedars-Sinai are acceptable if taken within 72 hours before surgery, results are negative, and a hard copy of results is provided.
All visitors and patients will be screened and required to wear masks.
- Per CDC guidance, all visitors and patients must still remain masked at all times in healthcare settings.
- Our team can provide families and visitors with updates via text or phone call. Use of iPads is available for FaceTime conversations.
- Visitors are not allowed to eat or drink indoors at any time, including in lobbies, public areas or inpatient rooms, except in a designated space at the Ray Charles Cafeteria.
Limited retail service offerings are available.
For beverages and snacks, you can visit:
- Starbucks on the Plaza Level of the South Tower from 4 a.m.–10 p.m., Monday-Friday, and 6 a.m.–2 p.m., weekends
- Ray Charles Cafeteria, open daily on the Street Level of the South Tower, as noted above, from 6 a.m. to midnight each day