Work & Life Matters Employee Assistance Program is an employee benefit, provided at no cost to employees and immediate family members. Work & Life Matters provides the support, resources and education employees need to be their best at work and at home, in the following areas:
We offer exceptional services not offered by most Employee Assistance Programs:
- Career development
- Childcare and camp referrals
- Back-up childcare planning
- Maternity leave planning
- Relocation referrals
The Work & Life Matters program gives employees:
- A safe, private setting to clarify issues.
- An opportunity to explore options and solutions to problems.
- Support to develop and plan for action.
- An opportunity to get connected with the right resources and referrals.
Work & Life Matters is staffed by seasoned professionals:
- Licensed mental health professionals including licensed clinical social workers, marriage family therapists and psychologists with 15 or more years experience.
- Master’s level career counselor.
- Child development specialist.
- Native Spanish-speaking staff.
Accessing services is voluntary and strictly confidential.
Locations and after hour contact:
- Work & Life Matters works with employers to provide onsite consultations.
- Cedars-Sinai campus locations:
Master's level Career Counselors are available to help employees identify and evaluate appropriate career options, adjust to challenges in their current job and/or plan for future advancement. Includes resume preparation, training and education resources, effective job search skills and personality, skills and interests inventory.
Career Development Workshops designed to assist participants in setting and achieving career goals. Components include assessment of skills, interest and values; determining psychological type, exploring the world of work, goal setting and action planning.
"Trailing Partner" Assistance
In two-career/two-income families where one spouse has been transferred or has accepted a new job, employment for the "trailing partner" is often a problem. Work & Life Matters provides a full range of services and support to help accompanying partners find satisfactory employment and make a seamless transition.