What to Expect During a Visit to Urgent Care
Cedars-Sinai Urgent Care offers medical help—without an appointment—for adults and children who need immediate assistance but aren't experiencing an emergency. Having a Cedars-Sinai urgent care center close to home allows you and your family to get same-day treatment when unexpected healthcare needs arise.
Experiencing a medical emergency? Please call 911 immediately.
What to Bring to Your Visit
- Photo ID (driver's license, passport or any government-issued photo ID).
- Insurance card(s).
- Copies of tests, X-rays and scans, or medical histories related to your urgent issue.
- List of medications, vitamins or dietary supplements you take, any allergies, and your general health history.
- A friend or family member to take you home, if needed.
- Payment for services, insurance copays or other fees.
Checking Into Urgent Care
- You'll first meet with registration to fill out intake forms and questionnaires for you or your child.
- Your wait time will depend on the number of patients ahead of you and the severity of their needs. It's often much less time than you would spend in the E.R.
- When you're called to a treatment area, you may be seen by a physician, nurse practitioner or physician assistant. All are highly trained to treat a wide variety of conditions.
- You will be asked a series of questions about your symptoms to help the urgent care team diagnose and treat your condition.
- If you need to see another Cedars-Sinai physician or specialist, we can help coordinate additional consultations or give you information to take to your primary care doctor.
- If you need to be hospitalized, we will coordinate admitting arrangements and provide the hospital with information prior to your arrival.
Payment Options and Insurance
Healthcare billing and insurance can be complicated. Rest assured that Cedars-Sinai has a variety of payment and insurance options to meet your needs. For your urgent care visit, we accept most forms of insurance, including HMO, POS, PPO, Medicare and private health plans. You may be responsible for a copayment depending on your specific insurance plan.
Give us a call and we will help you find the right care as soon as possible.