Transgender Surgery and Health
The Cedars-Sinai Transgender Surgery and Health Program offers individualized care for all patients seeking gender-affirming surgery and transition-related care.
Our interdisciplinary team follows an evidence- and research-based approach to tailor care for each of our patients at every stage of their transition. Our team also is dedicated to research that will improve the surgical techniques and gender-affirming options available to transgender patients. Each member of our team participates in case conferences to contribute to the care plans of patients with complex medical needs.
We work closely with community partners and healthcare providers to deliver services and education that will improve the health of the transgender community and provide continuity of care.
The Cedars-Sinai program is available to all patients seeking gender-affirming surgery and healthcare, including those covered by Medi-Cal and Medicare.
Our program includes specialists and experts in:
- Patient education
- Comprehensive male-to-female and female-to-male gender-affirming surgeries
- Complex revision surgeries
- Urologic surgery
- Plastic surgery
- Otolaryngology (ear, nose, throat and facial) surgery
- Colorectal reconstructive surgery
- Radiology diagnostic and surgical planning
- Adolescent medicine
- Geriatric transgender medical and surgical care
- Infectious disease care/HIV specialty care
- Vocal cord and speech therapy
- Dermatology and permanent hair removal
- Fertility preservation
- Hormone management
- Comprehensive gender-affirming care for adolescents
- Mental health and psychiatry services
- Internal medicine, primary care and family medicine
*L.A. Care has terminated its contract with Cedars-Sinai Health System for the L.A. Care Medi-Cal, L.A. Care Covered, L.A. Care Covered Direct and PASC-SEIU Plan insurance products. L.A. Care Cal MediConnect was not terminated and remains in place for patients who are dually eligible for Medicare and Medi-Cal. L.A. Care and Cedars-Sinai are working together to continue to make services available to existing patients and to those who may require Cedars-Sinai’s services in the future. If you already have a referral or an appointment with a Cedars-Sinai provider, there should be no delay in your care. If you are waiting for a referral or seeking to obtain one, then please follow up with your primary care physician. For additional assistance, please contact L.A. Care Member Services at 1-888-839-9909 (TTY 711).
Maurice M. Garcia, MD
"We are a community program and a far-reaching one. We offer not just expertise but a strong commitment to providing ongoing access to that expertise."