Conditions, Diagnostics & Treatments
The Pediatric Orthopaedics Program at Cedars-Sinai Guerin Children’s offers advanced care for children with injuries, broken bones, spine disorders, hip conditions and congenital problems. We use advanced diagnostic tools not widely available, and treatment geared toward a child’s needs.
Explore Our Patient Guide
Our patient guide explains what to expect and answers many of your questions about orthopaedic treatments at Cedars-Sinai.
Diagnosing Pediatric Orthopaedic Conditions
Conditions affecting the bones, joints and muscles in children can be challenging to diagnose. Our team of pediatric specialists has the expertise to diagnose conditions quickly and accurately. We see your child right away and do a thorough evaluation so we can determine a treatment plan.
- Same-day appointments: We keep appointments open every day for children with broken bones, sprains, falls or other urgent needs. Call us at 310-423-6665, and we’ll make sure your child gets seen today.
- Low-dose spinal X-rays: We use advanced EOS Imaging System for children with spine disorders. We are one of the few hospitals in the Los Angeles area with this technology. These X-rays use up to 98% less radiation than a standard X-ray. Find out more about our Pediatric Spine Program.
Pediatric Orthopaedic Treatments
Children need specialized care tailored to their growing and changing bodies. We treat a range of orthopaedic conditions, including fractures, sports injuries, hip and hand conditions, cerebral palsy and scoliosis. We explain treatments and procedures to your child, so they understand what to expect.
- On-site braces and casts: We place casts and braces in our office. Our pediatric cast technicians create waterproof casts so that it’s easier to bathe, shower and participate in daily activities.
- Experienced pediatric trauma care: Our pediatric trauma surgeons care for broken bones and other orthopaedic injuries. We also work hand in hand with Cedars-Sinai adult orthopaedic trauma surgeons to ensure the best care for young adults’ maturing bodies.
- Care for developmental disorders: Children with developmental disorders like cerebral palsy often need orthopaedic care. We work with neuromuscular specialists to treat conditions affecting the nerves and muscles to improve symptoms.