Hand & Wrist: Injuries, Conditions & Treatments
Our nationally recognized team provides specialized care for all hand and wrist injuries and conditions. From emergencies like a broken hand to conditions such as Dupuytren's contracture, our team stands ready to help you get back to an active life.
Our Approach to Hand & Wrist Injuries and Conditions
A hand condition or wrist injury can affect every part of your life. That's why we provide the resources you need to heal—the right specialists, technology and treatments—in the same location. We also offer:
- Treatments you can't get anywhere else: Our hand experts continue to develop better techniques and treatments. For example, one of our doctors is the first surgeon in the world performing a new technique to rebuild damaged or arthritic joints and ligaments.
- Team-based care: Our specialists regularly meet with the wider Cedars-Sinai orthopaedic team to develop personalized treatment plans. They also work closely with experts in trauma, plastic surgery, pain management and hand therapy. You receive care that considers your whole health—not just your wrists and hands.
- High level of satisfaction: We use an innovative program (PROMIS®) to track patient-reported outcomes, including pain, function and health-related quality of life. This information helps us measure key aspects of your care and provide a pleasant patient experience.
Hand & Wrist Injuries and Conditions We Treat
Our experts have specialized training to care for the full range of hand and wrist conditions. Whether your concern is common or complex, we can help. We offer care for:
Wrist Injuries and Disorders
- Broken wrist (distal radius fractures)
- DeQuervain's syndrome
- Compression of the nerves in the wrist
- Wrist Tendonitis
Hand & Wrist Treatments
- Emergency care
- Elective surgeries (nonemergency surgeries you schedule ahead of time)
- Reconstruction procedures
- Hand therapy
Emergency Hand & Wrist Care
For emergencies, our specialists work with our expert trauma doctors. Together, they provide treatment that minimizes pain and restores function.
We have a high level of expertise in treating fractures and breaks, including broken wrists (distal radius fractures). Even if your break is hard to treat, our experienced surgeons can give you the best possible outcome.
Advanced Arthritis Treatments
For patients diagnosed with arthritis, we offer the latest treatments, including:
- Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) injections, which help you heal and regrow tissue faster
- Joint reconstruction using knee cartilage, a revolutionary new technique that rebuilds affected joints and ligaments