Perinatal Outreach Program
Our Perinatal Outreach Program partners with physicians throughout L.A. County and beyond to coordinate perinatal care for those who need it. Together, we work to provide the highest level of specialized care and deliver treatment plans that help moms, babies and families.
We welcome consultations, transfers and transports of pregnant mothers and infants with high-risk conditions. We are particularly equipped to provide comprehensive, holistic care for critically ill mothers and babies.
Our experienced perinatal specialists surround your patients with a full range of care options. Learn about our perinatal specialists.
Our Perinatal Services
We provide perinatal services that quickly address the physical and emotional needs of patients. We offer:
- Intensive care services: We provide heart, neurological and surgical care for moms and babies.
- Highest level of care: Cedars-Sinai is one of the largest and most experienced maternity services in the United States, performing approximately 7,000 deliveries each year.
- Counseling: We provide counseling for people whose babies are experiencing problems with the brain, digestive system, heart, kidneys or skeletal dysplasia (dwarfism).
- Outreach services: Our specialists are available to provide consultations and presentations to physicians and patients at community hospitals.
- Complete, convenient care: We offer comprehensive perinatal care for mothers and babies all under one roof.
- Patient transport coordination: Our maternal-fetal medicine specialists coordinate patient transport to Cedars-Sinai if needed.
- Genetic counseling: We offer genetic counseling services, including genetic testing, to give you and your patients the information you need to make important healthcare decisions.
- Genetic testing services: We are one of the largest providers of chorionic villus sampling in the U.S., performing more than 30,000 procedures over two decades. We also offer placental biopsy and amniocentesis through our Prenatal Diagnosis Center.
- Extra support: We have a dedicated Perinatal Outreach Program coordinator who guides patients throughout the course of their care.
Partnering on Perinatal Care: What to Expect
Our process for delivering perinatal care includes:
- A physician refers a patient to our Perinatal Outreach Program.
- Our program coordinator calls the patient and guides them through our admission process and the series of medical appointments.
- Our coordinator also handles insurance authorization and schedules the first appointment and imaging.
- After the first appointment and imaging take place, our doctors confirm the diagnosis and share this information with the patient and referring physician.
- Our physicians put together a personalized treatment plan, and we coordinate the recommended care.
We offer personalized educational programs based on the needs of hospitals and institutions. Contact us for more information.
Researchers and doctors at Cedars-Sinai work together to study women's health issues and potential new treatments. Learn more about current prenatal diagnosis-related clinical trials.