Ask an Anesthesiologist: Epidurals & More
What You'll Learn
This free class explores epidural and spinal anesthesia as options for making your labor and delivery more comfortable. The goal is to provide you with the information you need to make a choice that's right for you.
During this free class, you’ll get answers to common questions, including:
- What is a walking epidural?
- Do epidurals affect how labor progresses?
- What are the risks and benefits of epidurals?
- Is there a point during labor when it's too late to get an epidural?
- What if I'm having a cesarean birth?
When to Take the Class
We recommend that you register for classes in your 5th month of pregnancy and attend them during your 7th or 8th month.
Class enrollment for Ask an Anesthesiologist: Epidurals & More! is free and available on a first-come, first-served basis. To make a change to your registration, please call the Childbirth and Parenting Education Office at 310-423-5168.
For any additional questions, please refer to our helpful FAQs.