Integrative medicine combines conventional and alternative therapies to help you achieve optimal health and healing. The Cedars-Sinai Integrative Health Program uses a holistic approach to create a personalized treatment plan that fits your specific needs.
- Focuses on the whole person—mind, body and spirit
- Uses all appropriate, evidence-based therapies
- Uses natural and less invasive treatments when possible
Our integrative health professionals collaborate closely with your other doctors because we believe you should receive the best combination of conventional and alternative medical care.
Complementary and Alternative Therapies
Our team members talk with you about your health history, your concerns and your goals. We then design an individualized treatment plan and support you on the path to better health.
Available therapies include:
- Bioidentical hormone therapy
- Clinical nutrition
- Herbal medicine
- Lifestyle counseling
- Osteopathic manual therapy
- Trigger point injections
- Wellness classes
Benefits of Integrative Health
While most people benefit from an integrative approach, common conditions that respond well include:
- Metabolic syndrome
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Musculoskeletal pain
- Testosterone deficiency
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome
- Autoimmune disease
Examples of Integrative Approaches
- Acupuncture for chronic low back pain, migraine headache and chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting
- Meditation for anxiety, chronic pain, high blood pressure and insomnia
Continuity of Care
When you receive care from Cedars-Sinai's integrative health team, we communicate with your doctor about your treatments and progress. We take multiple steps to coordinate your care. After an initial consultation, we send a report and findings to your doctor.