Inpatient Specialty Program Information for Physicians
The Inpatient Specialty Program (ISP) is a dedicated Hospitalist service at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center. This program is specifically designed to give patients personalized attention during their hospitalization and to provide a physician presence to address patients' needs 24 hours a day.
ISP Hospitalists work exclusively in the hospital, routinely see patients while they are still in the Emergency Department and often times see patients more than once a day.
Referring physicians experience many benefits by partnering with ISP:
- Hospitalists become physician partners in the inpatient setting.
- A primary care physician will not be interrupted with nursing cross-cover calls during the night nor will they have to commute to the hospital for emergencies or to admit patients from the Emergency Department.
- Physicians will receive daily updates from a hospitalist regarding patients' clinical status.
- Since Hospitalists do not run an office practice, patients will return to see their primary care physician after they are discharged.
- Physician referral patterns are honored when a specialty consultation is indicated.
- Hospitalists' in-hospital presence allows timely communication with patients and families.
- Cedars-Sinai ISP Hospitalists are carefully selected for their medical expertise, compassion and excellent communication skills.
- By partnering with Hospitalists to take care of inpatients, physicians are able to focus on other activities
To refer a patient or to speak with a Hospitalist, please call 310-229-4322.
To have a patient admitted to ISP from Cedars-Sinai's Emergency Department (ED), simply inform the ED physican to "admit to ISP."
For a personal discussion regarding this unique program, please email Dr. Bradley T. Rosen, Medical Director of the Inpatient Specialty Program (ISP) - Hospitalist Service, directly at email@example.com.
Note: The Inpatient Specialty Program treats adult patients. For pediatric hospitalist care, please contact the Pediatric Hospitalist Program.