Condition: Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, left ventricular outflow tract obstruction
Key Inclusion Criteria:
- 18-85 years old
- Body weight ≥45 kg at screening
- Diagnosed with obstructive hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (oHCM)
- Has obstruction of left ventricular outflow (LVOT-G) during screening
Key Exclusion Criteria:
- Aortic stenosis or fixed subaortic obstruction
- Known infiltrative or storage disorder causing cardiac hypertrophy that mimics oHCM
- History of decreased left ventricular pump function (LVEF <45%)
A Multi-Center, Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled, Dose-Finding Study to Evaluate the Safety, Tolerability, Pharmacokinetics, and Pharmacodynamics of CK-3773274 in Adults with Symptomatic Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy and Left Ventricular Outflow Tract Obstruction (IRB no. 0000362)
This study focuses on adults who have obstructive hypertrophic cardiomyopathy (oHCM), abnormally thick heart muscle, and left ventricular outflow tract (LVOT) obstruction (a condition which interferes with the flow of blood in the heart). The study is designed to evaluate the tolerability and safety of an investigational drug called CK-3773274. CK-3773274 may reduce symptoms of oHCM by reducing LVOT obstruction.
The study will compare the effects of CK-3773274 with placebo (inactive substance) to learn how well the drug is tolerated in patients with oHCM and whether it causes any side effects. The study will also examine the amount of CK-3773274 in the blood at various times and the effect it may have on the patient’s oHCM. Additionally, researchers aim to determine the optimal dose level of CK-3773274.