Virginia L. Bartlett, PhD
Assistant Director for the Center for Healthcare Ethics
Assistant Professor, Biomedical Sciences
- Doctorate: Vanderbilt University
- PhD, Religion
- Master: Vanderbilt University
- Master of Arts, Theological Studies
- Undergraduate: Mary Washington College
- Bachelors of Art, English, Religion
- Member, Bioethics Committee
- Member, Bioethics Executive Committee
- Member, Clinical Ethics Consultation Service Case Review Committee
- Member, Eliminating End of Life Harm Working Group
- Member, Project Lead Quality Council
- Virginia L Bartlett. “The California POLST (Physician Orders for Life Sustaining Treatment): Representing Our Responsibilities,” Estate Planning 2012: Papers from the 34th Annual UCLA/CEB Estate Planning Institute 2012;ES31603: 437-456.
- Virginia L. Bartlett and Stuart G. Finder, “Lessons Learned from Nurses’ Requests for Ethics Consultation,” Nursing Ethics 2018;25(5): 601-617.
- Virginia L. Bartlett, Mark J. Bliton and Stuart G. Finder, “Experience and Ethics at the “Cutting Edge”: Lessons from Maternal-Fetal Surgery for Uterine Transplantation,” AJOB 2018;18(7): 29-31.
- Virginia L. Bartlett and Stuart G. Finder, “An Actual Advance in Advance Directives: Moving from Patient Choices to Patient Voices in Advance Care Planning,” Asian Bioethics Review 2018;10: 21-36.
- Mark J. Bliton and Virginia L. Bartlett, “Exploring Clinical Ethics' Past to Imagine Its Possible Future(s)” American Journal of Bioethics 2018;18(6): 55-57.
- Michael J. Goldfarb, Lior Bibas, Virginia Bartlett, Heather Jones and Naureen Khan, “Outcomes of Patient- and Family-Centered Care Interventions in the Intensive Care Unit: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis,” Critical Care Medicine 2017; 45(10): 1751–1761.
- Stuart G. Finder and Virginia L. Bartlett, “Discovering What Matters: Interrogating Clinician Responses to Ethics Consultation,” Bioethics 2017;31(4): 267-276.
- Virginia L. Bartlett, Mark J. Bliton and Stuart G Finder, “Just a Collection of Recollections: Clinical Ethics Consultation and the Interplay of Evaluating Voices,” HealthCare Ethics Committee Forum 2016;28(4): 301-320.
- Virginia L. Bartlett. “Knowing (or Not): Distinctions in ‘Bioethics’ and ‘Clinical Ethics’” Atrium 2013;11(1): 43-44.
- Mark J. Bliton, Stuart G. Finder and Richard M. Zaner. The Oral History of Healthcare Ethics, Volume 1: The Life and Clinical Philosophy of Richard M. Zaner. Produced by Shane K. Bartlett, Virginia L. Bartlett, Mark J. Bliton, and Stuart G. Finder. 2016. (available for free viewing: www.ohhe.org)