Gilda Radner Hereditary Cancer Program
Condition: Prior genetic testing
- Individuals who have undergone genetic counseling and testing in a Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments-approved laboratory and have been documented as:
- Having a known deleterious mutation or
- A variant of unknown significance or
- Are wild-type (mutation negative)
- 18 years of age or older
- Subject’s medical history may include:
- Personal history of ovarian, peritoneal or tubal cancer or
- Personal history of breast cancer
- Prior oophorectomy
- Prior mastectomy
- Inability to comply with study procedures and protocol
The Gilda Radner Hereditary Cancer Program
The purpose of this study is to identify factors that influence cancer risk and to better understand the precursors to cancer so that preventive steps can be employed for individuals with and without inherited genetic mutations. Researchers also aim to develop a better understanding about which modifiers (a gene that changes the effect produced by another gene) cause some individuals to be at more risk for developing cancer.
The study will collect information about personal and family history of cancer, along with personal demographics, medical history, lifestyle habits, and quality of life.