Hearing Loss and Cochlear Implants
If you or your child are having difficulty hearing the world around you, healing is possible. Cedars-Sinai offers comprehensive care for hearing loss, including advanced hearing tests and cochlear implants. You receive care from nationally recognized experts who deliver timely, personalized therapies.
Urgent Appointments for Sudden Hearing Loss
Sudden hearing loss is a medical emergency, which is why we will work with you to set up an appointment as quickly as possible. You can expect a comprehensive evaluation and consultation with a hearing expert in one visit. Our approach gives you the best opportunity for successful treatment.
Contact us if you are experiencing sudden hearing loss to request an urgent appointment
If you are having hearing issues, the first step of your treatment is often a hearing test. Cedars-Sinai offers comprehensive evaluations that may include:
- Audiometric testing: We assess your level of hearing sensitivity across various pitches, volumes and tones.
- Otoacoustic emission testing: We use special technology to evaluate functioning in the cells of your inner ear.
- Tympanometry: After applying air pressure in the ear canal, we check your middle ear and eardrum for abnormalities.
- Live speech mapping: This test uses tiny microphones and real-time conversation to experience how hearing aids may improve your hearing.
Contact us to learn more and make an appointment for a hearing test with a Cedars-Sinai expert
Cochlear Implants for Severe Hearing Loss
Cedars-Sinai is home to a reputable cochlear implant program. Cochlear implants are implantable devices that stimulate nerves in the brain to help you hear. This treatment is for people with very little or no ability to hear. Patients put their trust in our surgeons because they have an excellent record of success. Read more about cochlear implant surgery.
Specialized Care for Children
Pediatric hearing loss is especially concerning because it can affect a child’s social development. Cedars-Sinai offers access to experts with decades of experience on meeting the unique needs of children. We pinpoint the source and deliver specialized therapies. Find out more about pediatric ear, nose and throat services.
Conditions We Treat
- Age-related hearing loss, gradual loss of hearing that occurs in adults 65 and older
- Noise-induced hearing loss in children, inner ear damage that affects a child's hearing