The Cedars-Sinai Hepatology Program provides patients with comprehensive care for the full range of liver diseases ranging from benign to malignant disorders, in addition to offering expertise in the management of biliary diseases in a patient-centered and compassionate environment.
Our hepatologists work closely with the hepatobiliary surgeons and are committed to remaining at the forefront of investigation and research of liver and biliary diseases. Our integrated programs offer comprehensive diagnosis and treatment options for newly diagnosed patients, as well as those who have tried conventional treatment and surgery without success.
The Hepatology team is dedicated to providing technologically sophisticated and clinically effective treatments. In addition, the Hepatology Program is well equipped with state-of-the-art, noninvasive tools to assess the liver without performing a liver biopsy. Some of these tools include transient elastography (or Fibroscan®, including the CAP probe), MR proton density fat fraction (MRI-PDFF) and MR elastography (MRE).
Advanced Care for Patients with Liver and Biliary Diseases
We offer the full spectrum of medical options for the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of liver and hepatobiliary diseases, including:
- Autoimmune hepatitis
- Drug-induced liver injury (DILI)
- Alcohol-induced liver disease and alcoholic hepatitis
- Primary biliary cholangitis (PBC)
- Primary and secondary sclerosing cholangitis (PSC)
- Indeterminate biliary stricture
- Nonalcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD) and Nonalcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH)
- Wilson's disease
- Alpha 1 antitrypsin deficiency
- Cirrhosis of the liver and associated complications including transplant care
- Viral hepatitis (A, B, C, D, E)
- All forms of hepatitis
- Acute liver failure
- Indeterminate liver mass
- Liver cancer—hepatocellular carcinoma, cholangiocarcinoma, combined hepatocellular cholangiocarcinoma and other rare primary liver cancers
- Opportunities to participate in state-of-the-art research and clinical trials