The Cedars-Sinai Hepatology Program provides patients with comprehensive care for the full range of liver diseases ranging from benign to malignant disorders, in addition to offering expertise in the management of biliary diseases in a patient-centered and compassionate environment.
Our hepatologists work closely with the hepatobiliary surgeons and are committed to remaining at the forefront of investigation and research of liver and biliary diseases. Our integrated programs offer comprehensive diagnosis and treatment options for newly diagnosed patients, as well as those who have tried conventional treatment and surgery without success.
The Hepatology team is dedicated to providing technologically sophisticated and clinically effective treatments. In addition, the Hepatology Program is well equipped with state-of-the-art, noninvasive tools to assess the liver without performing a liver biopsy. Some of these tools include transient elastography (or FibroScan®, including the CAP™ probe), MR proton density fat fraction (MRI-PDFF) and MR elastography (MRE).
Advanced Care for Patients With Liver and Biliary Diseases
We offer the full spectrum of medical options for the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of liver and hepatobiliary diseases, including:
- Acute liver failure
- Alcohol-induced liver disease and alcoholic hepatitis
- Alpha-1 antitrypsin deficiency
- Autoimmune hepatitis
- Cirrhosis of the liver and associated complications including transplant care
- Drug-induced liver injury (DILI)
- Indeterminate biliary stricture
- Indeterminate liver mass
- Liver cancer—hepatocellular carcinoma, cholangiocarcinoma, combined hepatocellular cholangiocarcinoma and other rare primary liver cancers
- Nonalcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD) and Nonalcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH)
- Opportunities to participate in state-of-the-art research and clinical trials
- Primary and secondary sclerosing cholangitis (PSC)
- Primary biliary cholangitis (PBC)
- Viral hepatitis (A, B, C, D, E)
- Wilson disease