Patient Support Services
The Sharon Osbourne Colon Cancer Program makes funding available for educational use — disseminating vital information to doctors, nurses and the community. Special attention is given to increasing the knowledge of non-specialist physicians about the latest treatments, screening recommendations and early warning signs of colon cancer. Additional financial support helps fund multidisciplinary meetings with colorectal surgeons, medical oncologists, radiation therapists, nutritionists and geneticists.
The Sharon Osbourne Colon Cancer Program offers funding to help patients get through the rigors of treatment.
- Financial assistance, to eligible individuals to receive clinical care and support services at partial cost (subsidized) or no cost (sponsored)
- Enterostomal therapy services support, to provide nurses specifically trained in the care of patients with colorectal problems
- Dietary and clinical nutrition services support, to make available professional guidance on eating properly during and after treatment
- Support for social work and case management services, to help iron out financial, emotional and family life challenges
- Financial grants, to cover the cost of at-home care, childcare, transportation to and from appointments and other assistance
A future goal of the program is to establish a schedule of affordable and accessible colon cancer screenings for the benefit of the community.
How You Can Help the Colon Cancer Program
The Sharon Osbourne Colon Cancer Program at Cedars-Sinai offers you an opportunity to touch the lives of many in our community.
Sharon Osbourne has dedicated herself to improving the lives of the many individuals afflicted with this disease. Her unstoppable energy, passion and generous financial commitment lead to the establishment of this important new program.
Your tax-deductible contributions will:
- Provide direct assistance, such as transportation, home care and childcare for patients during treatment
- Defray the cost of treatment for persons in need
- Fund screenings for eligible individuals
- Heighten awareness of symptoms and risk factors and motivate individuals to seek medical attention early
- Present vital information and educate non-specialist physicians and healthcare providers about colon cancer
To make a donation to the Sharon Osbourne Colon Cancer Program, please call 310-423-6566, send us an email message or make out your check to Cedars-Sinai Sharon Osbourne Colon Cancer Program and mail to:
Sharon Osbourne Colon Cancer Program
Cedars-Sinai Community Relations
8700 Beverly Blvd., Room 2416
Los Angeles, CA 90048
Resources for Colon Cancer Patients
The Sharon Osbourne Colon Cancer Program works closely with colon cancer experts and specialists at Cedars-Sinai to provide the community with access to effective, research-based and compassionate treatments and care.