Events and Support Groups
Advance Care Planning Class
Cedars-Sinai Medical Network offers resources to help you complete your Advance Healthcare Directive form and guide your loved ones and caregivers in determining the treatment you want. This free class will assist in answering your questions and personalizing your forms.
Discussion topics may include:
- How to designate someone to speak for you should you be unable to make your own healthcare decisions
- How to discuss priorities and wishes with your family
- Your most important goals in the event your health worsens
Time and Location
- Second Tuesday of each month
- 10 a.m.-noon
- First floor conference room (next to Suite 130)
8501 Wilshire Blvd.
Beverly Hills, CA 90211
- Breakfast provided
- Parking will be validated
Sign up for a class or contact a Supportive Care Services team member at 800-700-6424.
New Patient Orientation
Patients and their families can find real value and feel less nervous when they get an opportunity to ask real questions.
For that reason, we offer a free orientation to all new Cedars-Sinai cancer patients at the Samuel Oschin Comprehensive Cancer Institute.
- All sessions led by cancer nurses and clinical staff
- 90 minutes long
- Held every Wednesday in the Cancer Center at 9 a.m.; arrive by 8:45 a.m.
Topics of Discussion
- Supportive care
- Clinical trials
- Treatment expectations
- Possible side effects
- Rehab and survival programs
Snacks are served, and parking is validated.
To register, call 310-423-0650 or you can ask your practice nurse.