Preparing for Your Appointment
At Cedars-Sinai, we are following rigorous safety measures to protect our patients and keep employees safe. If you have a medical office visit, hospital stay, imaging appointment, procedure, or surgery planned, please read the policies below.
Please call your doctor’s office to discuss whether your visit should be rescheduled or moved to a video visit if appropriate, if you:
- Are experiencing any symptoms of illness including fever, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, runny nose or sneezing, chills, muscle pain, nausea, vomiting, fatigue, body aches, sore throat, diarrhea or new loss of taste or smell
- Have been exposed to COVID-19
What We Ask of Our Patients
- Consider wearing a mask. Masks are generally not required, but strongly recommended, for patients and visitors at Cedars-Sinai facilities, aside from our emergency departments and urgent care centers, where masking is required at all times. Please also note that based on certain clinical conditions, you may be required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) for your safety. Please follow the guidance of the care team.
- Check the visitor policy. Read our policy here.
- Utilize electronic communication. We encourage you to use electronic communication, such as FaceTime and Skype, in place of in-person visitation wherever possible.
- Monitor your health. If you are feeling sick or have suspected symptoms of communicable disease, such as flu, COVID-19 or respiratory syncytial virus (RSV), please contact your physician before your visit to determine if you should be tested or if you should reschedule your procedure.
What You Can Expect From Us
- Universal masking. All of our physicians and staff will be wearing masks at all times in patient care areas.
- Screening. All staff members entering our facilities are screened for symptoms of infectious disease.
- Separation. Patients with respiratory or COVID-19 symptoms will be separated in different parts of our facilities.
- Thorough cleaning. All exam rooms, equipment, furniture and common areas will be disinfected between uses.
Scheduled Surgeries & Procedures
Cedars-Sinai does not require COVID-19 testing before surgeries or procedures. If you develop symptoms of COVID-19 or test positive for COVID-19 within 10 days of your scheduled procedure, please contact your doctor’s office for further instruction.