Preparing for Your Appointment
At Cedars-Sinai, we are following rigorous safety measures to protect our patients and keep employees safe. If you have a medical office visit, hospital stay, imaging appointment, procedure, or surgery planned, please read the policies below.
Please call your doctor’s office to discuss whether your visit should be rescheduled or moved to a video visit if appropriate, if you:
- Are experiencing any symptoms of illness including fever, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, runny nose or sneezing, chills, muscle pain, nausea, vomiting, fatigue, body aches, sore throat, diarrhea or new loss of taste or smell
- Have been exposed to COVID-19
What We Ask of Our Patients
- Wear a mask. Per guidance from the California Department of Public Health, all patients and visitors are still required to wear masks at all times in healthcare settings, including our hospital and outpatient facilities. If you do not have a mask, we will provide one.
- Check the visitor policy. Currently, visitors are limited in Cedars-Sinai facilities. It is critical for the safety of patients and employees that everyone follows these guidelines. Read our policy here.
- Utilize electronic communication. We encourage you to use electronic communication, such as FaceTime and Skype, in place of in-person visitation wherever possible.
- Monitor your health. If you are feeling sick or have suspected symptoms of COVID-19, please contact your physician before your visit to determine if you should be tested or if you should reschedule your procedure. All patients and visitors will be screened when entering the facility.
- Arrive on time. To avoid crowding in our common areas, we ask that patients arrive no more than five minutes early unless otherwise indicated by your physician. If you arrive earlier, please wait in your vehicle.
What You Can Expect From Us
- Universal masking. All of our physicians, staff and patients will be wearing masks at all times.
- Screening. When you arrive at the entrance to a Cedars-Sinai facility, you will be presented with a series of questions related to COVID-19 symptoms and exposure. All staff members entering our facilities are also screened.
- Separation. Patients with respiratory or COVID-19 symptoms will be separated in different parts of our facilities.
- Distance. Our waiting rooms and common areas will be laid out to help you avoid crowding. However, caregivers may need to physically approach you for certain procedures or exams.
- Thorough cleaning. All exam rooms, equipment, furniture and common areas will be disinfected between uses.
Scheduled Surgeries & Procedures
Cedars-Sinai does not require COVID-19 testing before surgeries or procedures. If you develop symptoms of COVID-19 or test positive for COVID-19 within 10 days of your scheduled procedure, please contact your doctor’s office for further instruction.