Ways to Get Involved
You can choose from three ways to make a difference. Patient & Family Advisor Councils focus on specific areas, including Pediatrics and Oncology. In our Patient & Family Advisor Committees, patient advisors are involved in project and department meetings. The Experience Collaboratives work on improving the overall patient experience throughout Cedars-Sinai.
When you join a PFA Council, you help improve policies, events and facilities throughout the medical center. Cedars-Sinai launched its first Patient & Family Advisory Council over 10 years ago for Pediatrics and our Pediatrics Intensive Care Unit (PICU). The Patient & Family Advisory Councils include councils in our Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU), Obstetrics Unit (OB) and Oncology (Cancer), with more areas to come.
Council members have made major contributions in support of Cedars-Sinai patients and their families including:
- Redesigning Cedars-Sinai's sibling visitation policy and improving the sibling visitation experience with Security and Lobby Services
- Taking part in interview panels for nursing candidates and presenting at Nursing Orientation Day
- Providing input and designing a Family Retreat Room in our 3 South Mother/Baby unit
- Helping conceptualize the new Samuel Oschin Cancer Center, which was relocated from the North Tower to Pavilion
Do you enjoy working on projects or being a part of a committee? Becoming a PFA Committee member, a recent addition to our program, may be the right role for you. Launched in 2019, PFA Committee members participate in a variety of projects and department-related committees such as:
- Inpatient and Ambulatory Patient Experience Leadership Committee meetings, where PFAs work with leadership on ways to improve the patient experience in both settings
- Steering committees that manage projects such as our Patient Experience Week, Staff Recognition and our Patient Expectation Setting program
PFA Experience Collaboratives
Interested in being a part of a design session? During our Experience Collaboratives, Patient & Family Advisors help us find ways to enhance areas that impact all of our patients such as communications, environmental design, patient education and more. Recent topics have included:
- Redesigning the tools we use to get patient feedback
- Sharing insights on how to ensure patients and clinical staff can communicate with each other effectively
Join our Online Panel
Want to share your voice virtually?
Join Our Online Patient Advisory Panel!
We want to hear from you. Whether or not you are able to participate in one of our in-person programs, you can also join our Online Panel. As a member of our Online Panel, you can give confidential feedback that helps us enhance the patient experience. Surveys only take a few minutes and are sent a couple of times each month. Sign up now at cedarssinaipanel.com or click the "Join Now" button below.