Rising Star Leadership Program
The Rising Star Leadership Program is a succession-planning program for clinical nurses. This leadership-development program was created and sponsored by the Geri and Richard Brawerman Nursing Institute to help craft nurses to become stronger nurse leaders.
The goal of the rising star leadership program is to provide nurses with the necessary leadership skills to expand their professional growth and development so they can go on to become successful nurse leaders. This program focuses on cultivating and promoting leadership skills to position nurses for internal promotion at Cedars-Sinai.
- Learn the tenets of the Plan, Do, Study, Act (PDSA) model to develop and implement a successful unit-based project
- Determine your interpersonal strengths and motivators
- Build more effective working relationships
- Learn to challenge the process and build a team
- Understand how your nursing practice affects organizational outcomes
- Learn to present professionally and engage your staff
- Gain confidence and recognition as a leader
- Learn skills in conflict resolution
To be eligible, applicants must:
- Be a Clinical Nurse III at Cedars-Sinai for 1 year
- Hold a minimum of a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Have a minimum of a "meets" rating on last annual appraisal
If you have questions or wish to apply, please contact the nursing team.