Training & Curriculum
The residency program lasts one year. Experiences and areas of focus include:
- Participation in and coordination of interdisciplinary transitions of care initiatives across the organization
- Emergency Department medication reconciliation
- Collaboration with hospitalist programs
- General internal medicine transitions of care
- Participation in research and outcomes initiatives
- Oncology transitions of care
- Precepting PGY1 residents and students
- Training and supervision of medication reconciliation technicians
- Pharmacy leadership and management
- Participation in medical staff committees and interdisciplinary committees
The structure of the program will include rotations as wells as longitudinal experiences. The Medication Safety/Transitions of Care supervisor serves as the primary preceptor of the program, under the guidance of the chief pharmacy officer. The resident will assume staffing and clinical responsibilities approximately four days a month.
The resident is required to complete a major project before the end of the residency. The project should be suitable for publication and will be presented to the Department of Pharmacy Services and at a professional meeting.
Have Questions or Need Help?
Contact us if you would like to learn more about the PGY-2 Transitions of Care Residency Program at Cedars-Sinai.
Cedars-Sinai Department of Pharmacy Services
8700 Beverly Blvd.
South Tower, Room A903
Los Angeles, CA 90048