Training & Curriculum
The length of the PGY-2 Health System Pharmacy Administration Residency is one year from the start date. Experiences and areas of focus include:
- Identification of pharmacy’s role in transitions of care
- Medication safety
- Pharmacy operations
- Fiscal management
- Pharmacy practice model design
- Electronic medical record planning
- Demonstrating the value of pharmacy services
- Clinical and operational planning
- Participation in medical staff committees and interdisciplinary committees
- Human resources management: interviewing, recruitment, retention and performance
- Performance improvement
- Drug use policy
- Regulatory requirements
- Development of evidence-based medication guidelines
- Precepting PGY-1 residents
- Special projects
- Staffing in decentral and/or central pharmacy areas
The structure of the program is longitudinal and project based throughout the year. Chief Pharmacy Officer serves as the primary preceptor of the program. The resident will participate as an active member of the pharmacy administration team and will have input on key hospital initiatives that affect the medication use process. The resident will assume staffing and clinical responsibilities approximately four days a month. Additionally, the resident will assume the responsibility of department administrator once every four to six weeks.
Have Questions or Need Help?
Contact us if you would like to learn more about the PGY-2 Health System Pharmacy Administration Residency Program at Cedars-Sinai.
Cedars-Sinai Department of Pharmacy Services
8700 Beverly Blvd.
South Tower, Room A903
Los Angeles, CA 90048