Training & Curriculum
The Vascular Surgery Residency at Cedars-Sinai is a two-year ACGME-accredited program, served by a cadre of eight full-time and private faculty who perform the full spectrum of open and endovascular procedures.
For the first-year resident, the vascular surgery rotations at Cedars-Sinai offer a broad experience in the introductory and routine care of patients with vascular surgical diseases. The goals of the vascular surgery rotations are to help the first-year resident in:
- Developing knowledge and experience in the evaluation and management of inpatient and outpatient vascular surgical diseases
- Refining procedural and operative skills commonly required in the care of these patients, including mastering the fundamentals of basic open and endovascular procedures
The second-year resident focuses on final skills and judgment acquisition to be able to become a competent and independent practitioner of vascular surgery. The goals of the vascular surgery rotation are to help the second-year resident in:
- Refining knowledge and experience in the evaluation and management of inpatient and outpatient vascular surgical diseases
- Becoming expert at procedural and operative skills commonly required in the care of these patients, including mastering the fundamentals of image-guided therapies
- Acquiring the skills to become the senior team leader for a busy vascular and endovascular surgical service
Residents of the Vascular Surgery Residency receive a competitive salary that is complemented by a full benefits package, including paid vacation time, funded continuing medical education time and expenses for presentations at national meetings.
Goals and objectives for the resident in the Vascular Surgery Residency are reviewed annually and prior to beginning a new rotation.
Dedicated conferences on the vascular surgery service include:
- Basic Science Conference
- Combined Morbidity & Mortality Conference
- Department of Surgery Grand Rounds
- VESAP Review Sessions
- Research Conference
- Journal Club
If you have questions or would like to learn more about the Vascular Surgery Fellowship at Cedars-Sinai, please call or send us a message.
127 S. San Vicente Blvd.
Advanced Health Sciences Pavilion, A3600
Los Angeles, CA 90048