COVID-19 Vaccine Information
When you are eligible to receive doses of the COVID-19 vaccine, we encourage you to get them. Our position is based on the latest scientific data—which favor the vaccine as a safe and powerful way to stop the spread of COVID-19. For the latest information from Cedars-Sinai on the COVID-19 vaccine, please click here.
Schedule Your Appointment
State and Local COVID-19 Vaccine Recommendations
Visit the LA County Department of Health’s eligibility chart (PDF) to determine if you are eligible for COVID-19 vaccine doses. At this time, vaccines are not approved for children under the age of 5.
- Booster doses are available at multiple locations across Los Angeles. If you are eligible, we encourage you to visit the California Department of Public Health’s My Turn website to choose a date and location most convenient for you.
Doses for Immuno-compromised Patients
- The FDA and CDC have authorized additional doses of the Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna vaccines for some people with weakened immune systems.
- The additional dose is not a booster dose. The additional dose is meant to give immuno-compromised patients the same level of protection that initial doses give non-immuno-compromised patients. Boosters are meant to target variants and raise immunity in case previous vaccination wears off.
- Before attempting to make an appointment for an additional dose, review the information provided on the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) website or talk to you doctor or healthcare provider about your condition.
Continue to Follow COVID-19 Safety Guidelines
An important word about Cedars-Sinai physicians: Their offices are not yet able to schedule vaccine appointments. Please do not call them to schedule a vaccine appointment. We are all grateful for your support.
Resources for Vaccine Information
COVID-19 vaccine information continues to evolve. The following resources are available for the most up-to-date information:
- CDC COVID-19 Vaccine Page
- State of California's COVID-19 Vaccine Page
- LA County Department of Public Health Vaccine Page
- See a listing of COVID-19 Community Conversations on our Community Calendar
- Visit the Cedars-Sinai blog for the latest vaccine information for Cedars-Sinai patients.