Preparing for Your Surgery
For scheduled procedures, Cedars-Sinai has adopted rigorous safety protocols to keep our patients and employees safe. When you visit Cedars-Sinai for your surgery, please remember the following:
Patients must be tested for COVID-19 within 72 hours prior to surgery.
- You will provide a preferred date and time for testing when you schedule your surgery appointment. When confirmed, you will receive a text message with testing instructions and directions.
- Tests outside of Cedars-Sinai are acceptable if taken within 72 hours before surgery, results are negative, and a hard copy of results is provided.
Visitation is limited.
In response to California Department of Public Health mandates regarding visitors to inpatient settings, we have revised our policy to require visitors to demonstrate they have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 72 hours of each visit.
View our current Visitor Policy.
All visitors and patients will be screened and required to wear masks.
- Per CDC guidance, all visitors and patients must still remain masked at all times in healthcare settings.
- Our team can provide families and visitors with updates via text or phone call. Use of iPads is available for FaceTime conversations.
- Visitors are not allowed to eat or drink indoors at any time.
Limited retail service offerings are available.
For beverages and snacks, you can visit:
- Starbucks on the Plaza Level of the South Tower from 4 a.m.–10 p.m., Monday-Friday, and 6 a.m.–2 p.m., weekends
- Ray Charles Cafeteria, open daily on the Street Level of the South Tower, for takeout food (no dine-in) from 6 a.m. to midnight each day