COVID-19 Visitor Policy Updates
The health and safety of our patients, families and staff are our top priority. We continue to evaluate our visitor policy to allow more people to safely visit their loved one while receiving care.
All visitors must pass a health screening and temperature check upon arrival. Visitors to any Cedars-Sinai facility are also required to wear masks at all times, maintain physical distancing, practice hand hygiene and stay in the patient’s room while visiting.
Do not visit a patient if you have:
- A fever above 100 degrees, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, runny nose or sneezing, chills, muscle pain, nausea, vomiting, fatigue, body aches, sore throat, diarrhea or new loss of taste or smell
- Been exposed to COVID-19
Non-COVID-19 inpatient visitation is as follows:
- Intensive Care Units: One unique visitor per day between 8 a.m.-8 p.m.
- Medical and Surgical Units: One unique visitor per day between 8 a.m.-8 p.m.
- Labor and Delivery: One doula/labor support person during labor and delivery only, in addition to one unique visitor 24 hours/day during labor and delivery and through the postpartum stay.
- Pediatrics: One pair of parents/guardians, 24 hours/day
- NICU: One pair of parents/guardians, 24 hours/day
- End-of-life Patients Who Are Not COVID-19 Positive or Suspected: Up to two unique visitors per day, 24 hours/day
Visitors are not allowed for patients with moderate or high suspicion of having COVID-19, unless a clinical team has determined the patient is considered end of life. In that case, will be allowed one visitor per day for two hours.
- Pediatric Surgery: Two visitors allowed for all inpatient and outpatient pediatric surgery patients under 18, before, during and after surgery. Please note: if a pediatric patient is admitted to the hospital following surgery, visitor guidelines will then default to the above inpatient visitor policy.
- Patients may designate the same or a different visitor(s) each day.
- Exceptions to the visitor policy and visitor time limits may be made for patients with compassionate care needs or developmental or cognitive impairments. For questions about exceptions, ask for the charge nurse.
- Emergency Room: One visitor 24 hours per day
- Infusion Areas: Visitor accommodations are based on ability to maintain appropriate physical distancing. Please check with the clinic prior to your appointment.
- Same-day Surgery: One visitor before, during and after surgery
- Imaging: One visitor is allowed for patients under the age of 18 or for patients who need physical assistance.
- Doctor Appointments and Urgent Care Centers: One visitor is allowed for the following:
- Patients under the age of 18
- Patients with physical, developmental or cognitive impairments, memory loss or confusion
- Patients with a visit involving any new diagnosis or medical condition requiring discussion
Visitors are not allowed for patients with or suspected of having COVID-19 at any of our outpatient locations.