COVID-19: Cedars-Sinai Marina del Rey Hospital
At Cedars-Sinai Marina del Rey Hospital, our top priority is protecting the health and safety of our patients, visitors and staff. Restrictions remain in place to support physical distancing. We continue to evaluate our visitor policy to allow more people to safely visit their loved one when receiving care.
Any visitors who are allowed must pass a health screening, including a temperature check. Visitors with a fever of 100 degrees or higher will not be allowed to enter. Additionally, visitors are required to wear masks at all times when on the premises and will be encouraged to wear the hospital provided mask.
One visitor is allowed for:
- Patients under the age of 18
- In-person discharge instructions
- Companion before and during surgery (after surgery, companions are subject to all restrictions listed here)
- Patients who do not have COVID-19 in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. (excluding room 421)
- Patients who do not have COVID-19 in the 1 East unit (Post-Operative Surgical Floor) from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
The number of visitors for end-of-life situations will be determined on a case-by-case basis. Please call 310-823-8911 with any questions about visiting your loved one.
Do not visit a patient if you have:
- A fever of 100 degrees or higher, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, runny nose or sneezing, chills, muscle pain, nausea, vomiting, fatigue, body aches, sore throat, diarrhea or new loss of taste or smell
- Been exposed to COVID-19
Visitors are not allowed for patients with or suspected of having COVID-19, unless approved by hospital administration in cases of compassionate care.