Coverage for Medicare Beneficiaries
Cedars-Sinai has partnered with eHealth to help you find the Medicare insurance coverage that best meets your needs. Speak with a licensed insurance agent or enroll in a plan online.
I'm Eligible for Medicare
Cedars-Sinai has served the needs of Medicare beneficiaries since the program began in 1965. Cedars-Sinai is included in both Original Medicare and Medicare Advantage plans. Coverage also is available for people who have both Medicare and Medi-Cal (dual eligible). Click here to download a quick guide to contracted plans.
Need help deciding what works best for you? Contact our partners at eHealth by calling 1-844-566-0190 (TTY 711) between Monday - Friday from 5 a.m. to 5 p.m. PST. You can also visit eHealth’s website at eHealthMedicare.com/Cedars-Sinai. This website is an online marketplace where you can research plans and benefits without sharing any personal information. Cedars-Sinai has partnered with eHealth, an independent insurance agency that operates a non-government website and employs licensed insurance agents who can help you understand your coverage options over the phone.
If you have traditional or original Medicare (Part A and/or B), including Medicare supplement insurance (Medigap) plans, you will have coverage for care from Cedars-Sinai and many of our doctors.
- Part C, also known as Medicare Advantage or a Medicare Health plan, is purchased from a private insurance company approved by Medicare and typically organized like a Health Maintenance Organization (HMO) or Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) insurance plan.
- Part C puts coverage from both Part A and Part B into one plan. Most of these plans also include Medicare Part D drug coverage
Cedars-Sinai participates in the following Medicare Advantage plans:
- Alignment Health Plan
- Alignment Health AVA (PPO) 007
- Alignment Health AVA (PPO) 007
- Anthem Blue Cross of California
- Anthem MediBlue Connect (HMO D-SNP)
- Anthem MediBlue Dual Advantage (HMO D-SNP)
- Anthem MediBlue Full Dual Advantage (HMO D-SNP)
- Anthem MediBlue Diabetes Care (HMO C-SNP)
- Anthem MediBlue ESRD Care (HMO C-SNP)
- Anthem MediBlue Heart Care (HMO C-SNP)
- Anthem MediBlue Lung Care (HMO C-SNP)
- Anthem MediBlue StartSmart Plus (HMO)
- Anthem MediBlue Value Plus (HMO)
- Blue Shield of California
- Blue Shield 65 Plus (HMO)
- Blue Shield 65 Plus (HMO) Group
- Blue Shield AdvantageOptimum Plan 1 (HMO)
- Blue Shield AdvantageOptimum Plan 2 (HMO)
- Blue Shield Balance Plan (HMO)
- Blue Shield Inspire (HMO)
- Blue Shield 65 Plus Plan 2 (HMO)
- Blue Shield AdvantageOptimum Plan (HMO)
- Blue Shield Inspire (HMO D-SNP)
- Blue Shield TotalDual Plan (HMO D-SNP)
- Blue Shield Vital (HMO)
- AARP Medicare Advantage Choice Plan 1 (PPO)
- AARP Medicare Advantage Choice Plan 2 (PPO)
- AARP Medicare Advantage Patriot Plan (HMO-POS)
- AARP Medicare Advantage Rebate (HMO-POS)
- AARP Medicare Advantage Secure Horizons Premier Plan (HMO-POS)
- AARP Medicare Advantage Secure Horizons Focus Plan (HMO-POS)
If you enroll in a HMO plan, you must choose a primary care doctor in either the Cedars-Sinai Medical Group or Cedars-Sinai Health Associates and be referred to specialists within these groups.
Until December 31, 2022
If you are eligible for both Medicare and Medi-Cal, you should do one of the two following things to ensure coverage for Cedars-Sinai:
- Opt out of Cal MediConnect; keep Original Medicare; and assign your Medi-Cal benefits to a Los Angeles County contracted health plan for administration of your traditional Medi-Cal benefits, or
- Enroll in the Cal MediConnect program through Anthem Cal MediConnect (MMP), which is an HMO product.
After January 1, 2023
Information updated October 6, 2022.
Which Option Describe You Best?
If you have questions about coverage or referrals, we’re here to help.
Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Get the details about Medicare’s four main parts to better understand your options.
Get definitions to terms, abbreviations and acronyms related to billing, insurance and financial assistance.
See the different enrollment periods, including Initial Enrollment Period, Special Enrollment Period and Annual Election period (AEP), and figure out when you can enroll.