Coverage for Medicare Beneficiaries
Cedars-Sinai has partnered with eHealth to help you find the Medicare coverage that best meets your needs. Speak with a licensed insurance agent or enroll in a plan online.
I'm Eligible for Medicare
Cedars-Sinai has served the needs of Medicare beneficiaries since the program began in 1966. Cedars-Sinai is included in both traditional Medicare and Medicare Advantage plans. Coverage also is available for people who have both Medicare and Medi-Cal (dual eligible).
If you have traditional or original Medicare (Part A and/or B), including Medicare supplement insurance (Medigap) plans, you will have coverage for care from Cedars-Sinai and many of our doctors.
- Part C, also known as Medicare Advantage or a Medicare Health plan, is purchased from a private insurance company approved by Medicare and typically organized like a Health Maintenance Organization (HMO) or Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) insurance plan.
- Part C puts coverage from both Part A and Part B into one plan. Most of these plans also include Medicare Part D drug coverage.
Cedars-Sinai participates in the following Medicare Advantage plans:
- Anthem Medicare Preferred (PPO)
- Blue Shield 65 Plus (HMO)
- CareMore Health Delivered by Anthem Blue Cross
- Anthem StartSmart Plus (HMO)
- Anthem Value Plus (HMO)
- Anthem Connect Plus (HMO)
- Anthem Breathe (HMO SNP)
- Anthem ESRD (HMO SNP)
- Anthem Heart (HMO SNP)
- Anthem Diabetes (HMO SNP)
- AARP® MedicareComplete® SecureHorizons® Essential (HMO)
- AARP® MedicareComplete® SecureHorizons® Plan 1 (HMO)
- AARP® MedicareComplete® SecureHorizons® Premier (HMO)
- UnitedHealthcare® MedicareComplete® Assure (HMO)
- AARP® MedicareComplete® SecureHorizons® Focus (HMO)
If you enroll in an HMO plan, you must choose a primary care doctor in either the Cedars-Sinai Medical Group or Cedars-Sinai Health Associates and be referred to specialists within these groups. These plans have options that include Part D coverage.
If you are eligible for both Medicare and Medi-Cal, you should do one of two things to ensure coverage for Cedars-Sinai:
- Opt out of Cal MediConnect and keep the same fee-for-service Medicare benefit that you already have or enroll in the Cal MediConnect program through Anthem Blue Cross Cal MediConnect.
If you have questions about coverage or referrals, we’re here to help.
Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Get the details about Medicare’s four main parts to better understand your options.
Get definitions to terms, abbreviations and acronyms related to billing, insurance and financial assistance.